RD312 Metal Locator
Radiodetection’s Metal Locator equipment makes finding buried manhole covers and access points under soil or asphalt efficient, quick and simple.
The RD312 locates lost or hidden metal covers in the street. It is light and simple to use. Gain can be manual or auto. The position is indicated by a varying pitch tone, the highest pitch indicating the maximum response over the target. It is robustly constructed from high impact ABS and aluminium and is weatherpoof to IP54. It weighs 1kg and is easy to use, swiftly locating lost manhole covers, valve boxes, in the street. The RD312 will typically run for 30 hours from a 9v alkaline battery.
- Easy two button operation, ON/RESET and OFF.
- Automatic sensitivity adjustment for peak performance.
- Advanced electronics makes location less time consuming.
- Variable audio tone indicates presence of buried object.
- Angle and height of search head fully adjustable.
- Waterproof search head allows use in shallow water.
- Lightweight, telescoping design for easy storage.
The RD312 locator finds metal covers at depths down to:
- 4 in (10 cm) cast iron cover 12 in (30 cm).
- 6 in (15 cm) cast iron cover 16 in (41 cm).
- 4 in (10 cm) plastic cover with metal plate 8 in (20 cm).
- Cast iron cover 17 in (43 cm) x 12 in (30 cm) 24 in (61 cm).
- Galvanized steel cover 25 in (63 cm) x 19 in (48 cm) 30 in (76 cm).
- Cast iron cover 25 in (63 cm) x 19 in (48 cm) 30 in (76 cm).
- Ignores buried metal trash.
- No interference from passing vehicles.