RD8000 Precision Cable Locator
The cutting-edge RD8000 Cable Locator range offers locate professionals advanced connectivity options and multiple locate functions.
The multifunctional RD8000 range represents Radiodetection’s most advanced pipe, cable and RF marker locators, offering a wide choice of locate functions and advanced connectivity options. The RD8000 improves on speed, accuracy and reliability yet remains a cost-effective solution delivering unique user features. Powered by a digital architecture , RD8000 delivers a highly controllable and reliable locate solution to service any industry, anywhere in the world.
- Light weight – at only 4.2Ibs, 1.9 kg or 5lbs/2.3Kg, for marker models, the RD8000 range is comfortable to use for extended periods.
- IP54 protection rating – can operate in almost any environment
- Transmitter and locator feature a large, high contrast backlit LCD screen.
- Depth readings are only indicated when the locator is correctly oriented above the target pipe, cable or sonde or in close proximity to a marker. Unique automatic marker depth estimation provides measurements without requiring a manual two-step ‘lift up’ process, delivering faster and more accurate surveys.
RF utility marker locator range with automatic depth estimation
- Radiodetection’s unique automatic marker depth estimation provides measurements when the locator is close proximity of the marker, without requiring a manual two step ‘lift up’ process thus providing more accurate results.
- Combined mode allows users to simultaneously scan for cables, pipes and RF markers reducing surveying time.
- RD8000 marker locator models detect commonly used RF utilities markers enabling use across multiple industries.
Bluetooth® Connectivity and GPS
- Bluetooth connectivity as standard. This allows the locators to interface to external devices for easy transfer of survey data directly into maps and databases.
- Optional integrated GPS option for RD8000 models, which enables association of survey data with positional data without the need to carry external equipment. The RD Manager PC software allows easy transfer of the locator’s survey data directly into common file formats such as KML for Google Earth.
Automatic data logging and CALSafe™
- Optional integral logging systems for marker models. It records up to 1 year’s typical usage of significant locate parameters every second (including positional data for RD8000 GPS models) and helps identifying training and development needs, and provides independent historical records of the instrument’s use. Backed-up data on a PC gives virtually unlimited record keeping for the life of the product.
- All marker locator units that feature data logging or GPS provide a convenient 30-day service countdown reminder. CALSafe, a user selectable tool, can be enabled to enforce a recall for service and calibration by disabling the unit after this date.