The key feature of the Three-Shot Type XS Fuse Cutout is its rotating current-transfer contact. If the first fuse operates in response to a fault, it withdraws a plunger, releasing the stored-energy mechanism inside the current-transfer contact. The stored energy rotates the contact and engages the second fuse, restoring service. If the fault persists, the second fuse operates the same way, engaging the third fuse.
The stored-energy mechanism is charged by the hookstick-operated reset-ring at the base of the cutout. The reset-ring also indicates the energized fuse. To reset the mechanism, insert a hookstick prong through the reset-ring and rotate the mechanism counter-clockwise. When reset, the mechanism clicks into position, ready for the next operation.
All Type XS Fuse Cutouts employ an S&C-developed innovation—single venting, down and away only—an especially important feature where exhaust must be kept out of other phases in overbuilt circuits. There are no costly-to-replace expendable fuse-tube caps.
The Three-Shot Type XS Fuse Cutout provides superior mechanical handling and electrical performance, including:
- Easy fuse link installation — even with gloved hands
- Easy fuse tube insertion (and removal)
- Superb alignment when closing — from any angle and under adverse conditions of light and weather
- No fuse link breakage
- Completely reliable dropout action — regardless of fault-current level, and
- Mates perfectly with S&C’s Loadbuster® Tool — for sure, reliable load switching
|System Voltage, kV||Rating||Leakage Distance to Ground, Minimum|
|60 Hz||50 Hz||Inches||mm|
|4.16 thru 14.4||14.4||15||110||100||2 000