S&C’s TripSaver II Cutout-Mounted Recloser a self-powered, electronically controlled single-phase recloser using vacuum fault interrupter technology, offered in system class voltage ratings of 15-kV and 25-kV. Ideally suited for lateral circuits that frequently experience momentary fault interruptions, this Smart Grid solution eliminates the permanent outages which can result when lateral fuses operate in response to these transient faults. It also eliminates the momentary interruptions on feeders in instances where the substation breaker is tripped to save the lateral fuse during a transient fault.
Our latest offering, TripSaver II Service Center Configurability feature, provides customers with flexibility to reconfigure their devices and read event logs using S&C IntelliLink TS-II Setup Software. Over one hundred Time Current Characteristic curves are available for selection.
The cost-effective way to improve reliability on lateral circuits
- Cuts sustained service interruptions from transient faults – improves SAIFI and SAIDI performance, saves time and money
- Cuts number of momentary interruptions at the feeder – improves MAIFI performance
- Retrofittable in existing “-R10” or “-R11” S&C or MacLean Type XS Fuse Cutout mountings –installation is quick
- Supports up to three reclosing operations before it drops open – provides visible open gap
- Low minimum pickup current at 5A
- A wide variety of time-current characteristic (TCC) curves are available – provides excellent coordination with other devices
- Line-powered microprocessor control – no batteries needed
- Inrush restrain feature always on – device will not nuisance trip on inrush when closed into the mounting
- LCD screens displays real-time device status – information scrolling activated by cycling mode-selector lever; six languages supported
- Overload interruption capability – device will drop open on overload condition
- Ice-breaking capability – device is able to break ¾” (20mm) of ice
- Sectionalizing mode standard on all models – allows a device to operate as a sectionalizer over a user-specified range of fault currents
- Service Center configurable – provides flexibility to reconfigure operating sequence; software also allows easy event logs reading
TripSaver II supports up to three reclosing operations (four tripping operations in total) before it drops open, with a user-configurable open time interval in the range of 0.5 seconds to 5 seconds. The interrupter resets two seconds after drop-open, ready for the next operation. TripSaver II reverts to its first TCC curve after the user-specified sequence reset time has elapsed since the last reclosing operation.
|System Class||Nom.||Max||BIL||Continuous||Interrupting, Sym|
♣ Minimum trip current is 5 amperes.
♥ These models can be applied to protect single-phase-to-neutral circuits only in solidly-grounded-to-neutral (multi-grounded-to-neutral) 34.5-kV systems where leakage distance to ground meets user’s requirement. These models use 25-kV 150-kV BIL mounting.